Thursday, September 17, 2009

Things I want on my Palm Pre

I've been playing with my new Palm Pre for a while now and although and as much as I like it, there are a few things that I really miss and would like Palm to implement on a future version of WebOS, without me having to buy a new Palm phone to get it, of course.

This list is not necessarily in order of what I need the most or want the most first. I am writing it down and through the days I will polish it down and switch things around. Consider it a rough draft if you would.

  • Other protocols for IM, such as Facebook IM, MSN IM and so on.
  • Integration with LinkedIn (I know that this is coming, but let's see how well it works...)
  • Maybe the capability of shooting videos? I am not sure what kind of camera the Pre has, but I would certainly want something like that.
  • Zooming with the camera!
  • Better focus when taking pictures
  • Virtual keyboard anyone?
  • The Player application needs to be much improved. Scroll bar for song position for instance.
  • Better support for Audiobooks and Podcasts
  • Voice Recording (like voice memos)

Also, a few applications that I would like to see for the Pre are:
  • USAA Bank
  • Skype
  • NetNewsWire
  • Evernote (Well, an improved evernote... I want to post straight from evernote and not via email...)

Well, that is it for now.

This list is up-to-date as of 09/17/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment